Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And the Winner is... What are your Newbery Predictions for 2011??

You like me!!! You REALLY like me!!
So, as you can imagine all us Project Mayhem bloggers who had a book release in 2010 would LOVE to find out we were nominated for a Newbery. Long shot, sure, but what children's writer doesn't daydream about that? I mean seriously, can you imagine? 

When I was still looking for an agent and the agent I really, really (really) wanted already rejected me, I used to have out loud conversations with myself (don't ask and at least they were in private), in which he would call me out of the blue, saying he'd changed his mind. Well, guess what! That's exactly what happened! So, in my mind, anything is possible after that!

I read so many wonderful middle-grade novels this year, I'm clueless as to who will get the Newbery nod. So, I ask you, what are your predictions? Who do you think will get picked! We'll know next week, but we would like to hear from you. Newbery picks books on merit, not popularity. Which books of 2010 just spoke to you. What books did you read that STILL have you thinking?

Bring it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Olivia White1/4/11, 11:30 AM

    I really liked Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read two MG books last year, but I vote for Nightshade City!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the mayhem!